Now, in its 43rd season, Theatre Direct Canada is one of the country’s leading theatres for young audiences whose award-winning productions have reached audiences in schools and theatres across Canada and the world!
Theatre Direct recently welcomed Lisa Marie DiLiberto as its new Artistic Director. Lisa Marie brings her spirit of collaboration and her expertise in community-engaged arts to the company along with a desire to put young people directly at the centre of all we do at Theatre Direct.
After 17 years of dedicated leadership, former Artistic Director Lynda Hill has taken the lead of WeeFestival as it continues to grow with the support of Theatre Direct.
- To commission, develop, produce and present theatre for, by, and with, young people that provokes change and inspires imaginations;
- To explore challenging ideas and subject matter relevant to young people with creativity and consideration;
- To offer accessible programming that is inclusive of all young people regardless of ability, background and social status.
- To explore new approaches to the creation, production and presentation of theatre that activates the imaginations and aspirations of young people and puts them directly at the centre of all our work.
- Young people have a desire to be part of the theatre we create and present.
- By interacting with artists and the world around us through theatre, young people will connect more deeply to each other, their stories and their communities.
- Through experimentation, theatre for young audiences can spark new theatrical forms and invent innovative ways to tell stories.