Now entering its 45th season, Theatre Direct Canada is one of the country’s leading theatres for young audiences whose award-winning productions have reached audiences in schools and theatres across Canada and the world.
As we navigate through the ongoing global health crisis that challenges our sector, Theatre Direct is committed to finding new ways to engage young people through theatre. Together, as a team of artists and producers, our company strives to innovate in form and style, experimenting with digitally-integrated, immersive, audience-driven and site-specific work that activates the imaginations and aspirations of young people by inviting them to join in!
We invite you to Come Be A Part of It All at Theatre Direct!
- To commission, develop, produce and present theatre for, by, and with, young people that provokes change and inspires imaginations;
- To explore challenging ideas and subject matter relevant to young people with creativity and consideration;
- To offer accessible programming that is inclusive of all young people regardless of ability, background and social status.
- To explore new approaches to the creation, production and presentation of theatre that activates the imaginations and aspirations of young people and puts them directly at the centre of all our work.
- Young people have a desire to be part of the theatre we create and present.
- By interacting with artists and the world around us through theatre, young people will connect more deeply to each other, their stories and their communities.
- Through experimentation, theatre for young audiences can spark new theatrical forms and invent innovative ways to tell stories.