OAC Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
Theatre Direct is thrilled to be now welcoming applications from artists seeking support for the creation of new work. Artists may submit proposals for work aimed at young audiences, in its early stages of research and development.
About Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
The Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators program is a third party recommender program that is generously funded by the Ontario Arts Council (OAC). This program assists professional Ontario-based individual theatre creators and collectives to create new work. The OAC has selected a group of professional companies to be recommenders and Theatre Direct is delighted to be among this group.
Your application in Nova will include:
- General information regarding the project; a concise summary of your proposed project (maximum 1 page). This should include a description of the ideas/themes/questions you wish to explore, your specific development goals for this phase of the project, and the rationale for the amount requested.
- C.V. (mandatory)
- Script Sample
- Your answers to application questions
- Name of the recommender you are applying to
- Resumes or biographies for the project’s principal artists
- Supporting Artistic Material: Any material related to your proposed project, or if these aren’t available, a sample from a relevant previous work (e.g. written sample, photographs, or link to a short archival video clip)
We will give priority to applicants from OAC priority groups with emphasis on new generation artists proposing works in early stages of research and development.
Deadline: December 17, 2018
Production and Tour Coordinator
Theatre Direct Canada