Theatre Creators’ Reserve
Deadline for submissions October 15, 2016 with notification of results in the week of November 26, 2016
The Ontario Arts Council’s Theatre Creators Reserve is a third-party recommender program that enables Theatre Organizations to recommend funding for professional artists and their work. Theatre Direct is pleased to participate in this program as it allows us to provide support for risk and experimentation and a continued dialogue around theatre creation with young audiences in mind.
We are currently welcoming applications from theatre artists, ad-hoc groups and collectives creating new theatre and performance for young audiences.
When applying please keep in mind that Young Audiences are made up of multiple audiences including the very young (0-4 years), children 5 -11, teens 12 -15 and youth 16 +, and reflect a rich diversity of cultures and communities.
We encourage and welcome proposals exploring non-traditional and alternative approaches to theatre for young audiences and encourage artists working within a range of performance languages including dance/movement, opera, puppetry, and integrated arts.
Recommendation Selection Criteria
– Clarity and quality of proposed project
– Quality of writing (or relevant artistic language) reflected in sample work
– Relevance or interest of story and subject matter
– Clear sense of intended audience
– Degree of experimentation, innovation and risk in project
– Clearly stated need for support and viability of achieving goals stated in project intention
1) Three copies of the TCR application application page (found on the OAC website)
2) Cover Letter
4) Description of Project and/or Concept (including a statement of writing/creation or research goals as they relate to your request)
5) Any Support Material (if no support material is available for the proposed project please submit samples of previous work as examples of the standard at which you operate)
Please submit your application in hard copy to:
Theatre Direct Canada
601 Christie Street
Theatre Direct strongly encourages applicants to make an appointment to discuss your project before applying. This can be done in person or over the phone.
Any support material submitted will not be returned unless a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage is enclosed (or other specific arrangements are made).
If you would like to see a full list of recommenders please visit the OAC website.
About the OAC’s Theatre Creators’ Reserve
The Theatre Creators’ Reserve (TCR) is a third party recommender program that is generously funded by the Ontario Arts Council (OAC). This program assist professional Ontario based individual theatre creators and collectives to create new work. The OAC has selected a group of professional companies to be recommenders and Theatre Direct is delighted to be among this group. Applications are made to and funding decisions are made by the recommender.